#1 What Should I Store in The Fall?
It’s time to prepare for the cooler months to take over and to prepare for the tools you’ll need
in the winter. From lawnmowers to summer sports equipment here is a few items to consider
putting in storage as the fall starts.
- Lawn Mower and Weed Whacker
- Hedge Trimmer
- Gardening Tools
- Summer Toys and Yard Games
- Summer Clothing
- Patio Furniture
- Pool Accessories
- Watersport vehicles
What Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
If you decide that you will need to rent a storage container for your belongings, you will need to
figure out the size. Make a list or gather your items to figure out what size to get. Do you have
large bulky items? Do you have vehicles in addition to other items? Will you need to access
them? These are the questions you need to ask yourself and right down so you know what size
to get. There are different sizes of storage containers to choose from at Mini Warehousing Inc.
that range from small to large units. All can be brought to your work or home so you don’t
have to take trips back and forth to the storage facility.
- 6’ to 10’ units – Small storage units have plenty of room or most common summer items that need to be stored during the winter. These units have enough room for lawn mowers, garden tools, and boxes of summer clothing with room to spare.
- 20’ units – If you have a bit more items to be stored than the standard items such as lawn mowers and clothes this is the unit for you. These containers have room for equipment such as canoes, kayaks, and motorcycles while having room for patio furniture and more.
- 40’ – 45’ Units – Large units are available if you have an immense number of items used during the summer as well as vehicles. These units are great for storing vehicles, fishing boats, jet skis, and more during the fall while having space for smaller items.
Features to Consider
When it comes to Mini Warehousing Containers, you will want to make sure that there are
features available to ensure your peace of mind during the months you are not using certain
items. Below are a couple of features to keep in mind when shopping at different storage
- Drive-Up Access – Having drive-up access to your unit is a must when storing any type of vehicle. If you have a boat, jet ski, or a kayak then drive-up access will make storing a lot easier. Drive-up access also allows for easy storage for items with wheels such as bicycles, lawn mowers and more. Mini Warehousing brings the container to you, allowing you to determine your best location for accessibility.
- 24 Hour Access – With a Mini Warehousing Storage Container brought to your home or business, you will always have access to that one thing you put in storage that you didn’t think you would need.
- Ventilation – Mini Warehousing containers have multiple vents to help the exchange of air as the seasons change. Be sure to check other companies to see if they have vents down low to vent heavy vapors and let cool air in, while having upper vents to let the hot air out.
- Lighting – With daylight getting shorter and shorter, determining if you need light in the storage unit is very important for safety and convenience. Mini Warehousing offers a corded solution, where you just plug an extension cord into our container and you have lights and and outlet for your use. Mini Warehousing also offers a new solar operated light kit that requires no power, but the direct sun during the day. Inquire with our sales associates for more details.
For more information on our storage containers in the fall pleasecontact us today!