Off-site storage can free up valuable space in your business but it may not always be the best storage solution. There are many benefits to using an on-site storage container and it may be a better solution than having to go all the way to an off-site location.
- Versatility: Having one or a couple on-site storage containers can be used for almost anything. As long as items aren’t climate-sensitive and stored in correct containers, uses can be as diverse as your business. Store things like extra supplies, equipment, order inputs, and finished goods based on current needs.
- Cost: Renting an off-site unit can be costlier in the long run. Having a readily available space can be quicker and cheaper than trying to build an addition or buy more land to build a permanent storage facility.
- Efficiency: It doesn’t make much sense to store commonly used items in an off-site unit. It can make a long day seem longer if you find yourself having to trek to your unit because you are running low on a needed item. Having an on-site container will be much faster and less of an interruption in your workday.
- Flexibility: Some storage rental facilities may allow all-hours access, but this isn’t a guarantee. Having an on-site container allows access any time you need it and these containers are often portable. You can move them as you require and adjust your needs based on the space you have. Multiple on-site storage container rentals may be more feasible than trying to afford multiple units in a facility.
- Strength and security: Shipping and storage containers are made to withstand the elements and keep out unwanted individuals. Even though you can’t be at your business all hours of the day, you can rest assured knowing that you unit is solidly built and comes with locking mechanisms to keep your inventory secure.
- Possibility for growth: You can start with just one container. Businesses just getting off the ground may not know exactly what they need other than some extra storage space. But as the business grows, so can the amount of storage you possess.