So you’ve purchased a storage container for personal or business use. Before you start loading it up with all of your belongings, you should be sure to have a gameplan on how to get your money’s worth. Here is a quick and easy checklist that storage container buyers or renters can use to do so:
- Prioritize – While our containers range from six feet all the way to 45 feet, it’s a good idea to start off by prioritizing which items you absolutely need to store. Ask yourself: do you really need to store this item, or could you make room for it in your attic or basement? As a rule of thumb, if it’s something you use frequently, it’s probably not wise to store it away if you’ll need to access it often.
- Draw it out – Another idea for effectively utilizing your space is to sketch out your container on paper and decide where certain items will be placed. Such willl help you idea of whether you have room for additional items or need to get ride of certain belongings.
- Periodic cleaning – Treat your storage container as you would your home – give it a good cleaning every once in a while to ensure your belongings remain intact while being stored.
- Lock it up! Are you planning to store valuable belongings in your storage container? If so, keep your peace of mind with our secure locking systems.
- Let there be light! It can be a challenge to access your belongings during the evening, especially once it begins to get dark before 5 p.m. Accessorize your container with our Quick Lites Magnetic Lighting for better visibility within your unit.
Now that you’ve completed your post-purchase checklist, you can spend less time fumbling through your container, and more time on more important matters! Continue to follow our blog for tips and advice